Micro Finance and Micro Enterprises Specialist needed
|Organization||Hope For A Better Future (H4BF) Foundation|
|Application Deadline||12th June 2020 at Midnight|
|Posted||05th June, 2020|
|Duration of Contract||Three (3) Months. (Renewable if necessary)|
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|The Micro finance and Micro Enterprises Specialist is an expert in addressing livelihood development related issues in community development programme and with a good track record of working with the communities on natural resources management and community development related area. Further s/he will ensure the quality and timely preparation of all reports and documentation related to the consultancy. |
The Micro Finance and Micro Enterprises Specialist will carry out the following tasks:
– Identify the capacity building needs of the community women on micro enterprise development;
– Assess and document existing capacity gaps of the community women and supporting the communities in identifying sustainable micro enterprises;
– Identify strategies and approaches to build the capacities of the H4BF officials working for the project on micro finance and micro enterprise development;
– Develop a plan to improve the capacity on micro finance and micro enterprises development; Develop a training programme on micro finance and micro enterprise development suitable for Community women;
– Analyse the micro enterprise development sector taking guidance from government’s project and other similar initiatives in Cameroon within last 3 years and come up with the way forward;
– Adapt the previously developed capacity building tools, approaches and strategies to suit current context of the country.
– Identify and facilitate linkages between Forest Department, communities and micro enterprise related service providers (government, non-government and private sector) such as credit institutes , training institutes, market information providers etc currently operating in the country and develop a data base of such service providers;
– Develop training courses to conduct the micro enterprises development and micro finance related capacity building activities; –
– Develop training manuals and Training of Trainers programme targeting the H4BF officials and others. Conduct / training programmes for H4BF officials and community members on micro finance and micro enterprise development;
– Develop tools to analyse the micro finance schemes available in a given area and link such service providers with the communities and micro enterprise development;
– Develop a user friendly tool that can be used to analyse key features of micro finance schemes available through local micro finance suppliers available in a particular geographical area (this tool should analyse the interest rates, complementary and supplementary services available through the same service provider, past records of the credit supplier on maintaining an acceptable service delivery standards etc.); – Train the Forest Department officials to use the tools developed in different geographical areas of the country;
– Analyse the applications of micro enterprise development and provide feedback / guidance to improve the efficiency and effectiveness.
The key outputs to be delivered by the Consultant
– Identify the capacity building needs of the targeted community women members on micro finance and micro enterprise development ; – Develop a training programme on micro finance and micro enterprise development suitable for community women members;
– Develop tools to analyse the micro finance schemes available in a given area and link such service providers with the communities.
-Community members particularly women have improved understanding of Economic opportunities and constraints.
– Women will be able to develop business planning and management skills cognitive of the COVID-19 Pandemic challenges.
– Introduce a micro-franchises for Women business development. —— Increase or develop a mechanism to facilitate access to micro-credit for micro-enterprise start-ups.
|Technical work Strong expertise in livelihood development, micro finance development and capacity development of government officials Familiarity with the livelihood and micro finance aspects of the communities living adjacent to forests Ability to pick up new terminology and concepts easily. |
Partnerships Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions and community. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. Excellent coordination skills and result oriented collaboration with colleagues – especially for this case the staff of H4BF and community members.
Results Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of H4BF; Builds strong relationship with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback; Good team player who has ability to maintain good relationships.
Functional skills Demonstrated strategic technical and intellectual skills in the substantive area; Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, ability to manage technical team and long term strategic partnership; Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and partnership building skills with multi-dimension partners, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation; Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office); Excellent written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of case studies and progress reports.
|Required Skills and Experience|
|Education: Master’s Degree in Economics/Marketing or a closely related field. |
Experience: Minimum of ten years of relevant work experience after postgraduate qualifications experience with minimum of 5 years field experience; Minimum of 2 years working experience with non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage; Experience in developing training modules; Experience in addressing livelihoods and micro finance issues in a community development programme.
Language: English and Pidgin English Language.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit a well elaborated CV and
Cover letter Through: email@example.com (applications are accepted only by email.) Shortlisted Candidates will contacted by phone call. .