The goals of H4BF include,
WATER AND SANITATION
To become a leading organization in community water supply and management in the country and reduce extreme water challenges in remote communities . This goal will be achieved through the following objectives
Promote sustainable agricultural practices through educating and supporting local farmers in more sustainable agricultural techniques that enhance soil conservation and increase crop yields. To achieve this we;
Act as catalyst to environmental advocacy through campaigns and field activities and increase youth participation to environmental protection and advocacy. This is achieved through the following objectives;
- Create school environmental clubs and design radio campaigns to advocate for environmental protection, habitat restoration and species protection
- Plant trees on degraded habitats to restore degraded habitats and protect species of international and national conservation interest.
- Create alternative income generating activities to forest users such as hunters, farmers, lumbers and non-timber forest harvesters
- Create giant nurseries in forest communities to nurse agro-forestry trees for plantation into farmlands and indigenous forest tree species for plantation into degraded forest lands. •Become a leading agribusiness venture to increase local farmer’s access to market and funds for their products and services through online and offline marketing platforms. This will be done through;
- Create links between farmers and the external market through purchase and sale of farmers products and enhance food crop exchange programs
- Create an online market platform strictly for marketing agricultural products
Reduce unemployment among youths, vulnerable and underprivileged groups through provision of access to vocational training, capacity building and support facilities for basic start-ups and contribute to promoting peace and fighting against violence and extremism among youths. To achieve this we will
- Create at least 5 vocational training centers to train and support youths in start-ups such as agribusiness, hair dressing, carpentry, masonry, tailoring and computer studies, shoe mending etc.
- Train and educate content creators and influential young people such as poets, artists, musicians, journalist to use their skills and talents to promote peace and fight against violence and extremism among youths.
- Create peace campaign programs in schools, local radios and local community gatherings to preach peace and promote multi-cultural adherence.
- Conduct educative workshops and educative campaigns in schools and communities to educate and build capacities of locals on importance of wildlife protection
- Conduct tree planting activities in highly protected forest areas to enhance forest regeneration and make environments suitable for wildlife species survival
- Train forest users in alternative income generating activities such as bee farming, organic household mushroom cultivation, poultry, piggery and cane raring for home consumption and income generation
- Train local farmers in sustainable agricultural practices such as agro-forestry and distribute some agroforestry tree species to local farmers to plant in their farmlands for soil conservation